We collect information in the following ways:
- Authorized users enter information to monitor compliance including: Users, Locations, Equipment, Certifications, and Medications.
- Authorized users will update the status of equipment and other records in the compliance system.
- School districts provide roster information to set up classes in WELNET® to include: school, teacher, class, period as well as student name, age, gender, date of birth and ID number.
- Teachers and students can enter data regarding fitness measurements, behavior logs, assessments, surveys, rubrics and online classes.
- Device and browser information to support security measures and to ensure School Health Connect / WELNET® is working on a variety of devices.
- System usage to ensure the highest reliability and service levels.
Use of information:
School Health Connect uses data in a variety of ways to facilitate the use of the system by administrators, maintenance personnel, teachers and students. The data is used in the following ways:
- For authorized users to record the location and amount of AEDs, Medicines, and other equipment
- To record, report, and flag the compliance status of equipment
- To record, report and flag the status of personnel certifications
- For teachers to have access to the latest class roster information in order to deliver content aligned to national and state standards
- For students to have a record of their personal fitness and health portfolio
- For administrators to run aggregated reports on educational activities
- For School Health Corporation to improve the performance School Health Connect and resolve support issues
- At no time is data from School Health Connect shared with or sold to third party vendors or other outside entities
- School Health Corporation takes the security of our systems, and the privacy of our clients very seriously. WELNET® is ISO 27001 certified. A copy of the certificate is available on request. School Health Corporation is a signatory to the Student Privacy Pledge (https://studentprivacypledge.org/). In addition, the WELNET® servers are PCI DSS compliant
- At all times, School Health Co. will protect the data by using industry standard intrusion detection technology and monitor the data using trained Internet security specialists.
- School Health Corporation will protect the data with a firewall that is configured with an intrusion detection system that monitors the Internet segment and can immediately shut down ports that are being attacked.
- School Health Corporation will generate and regularly review logs to determine unauthorized activities relating to the data.
- All Internet access to the data is accomplished via TLS (Transport Layer Security) Version 1.2 or a successor version thereto, which must provide an encrypted session over the Internet.
Accessibility of Data:
- The data stored in School Health Connect is only available to authorized users. Compliance users only have access to the equipment and locations they are responsible for. Students only have access to their personal portfolio that includes fitness measurements, goal setting, assessments and behavior logs (activity, nutrition, hydration, sleep, pedometer and wearable). Teachers have access to the information of students who are currently enrolled in their classes. District designated program administrators have access to class, school and district data.
- Students and Parents can correct data by contacting the child’s teacher. Teachers can correct student portfolio information themselves. Teachers can correct PII information by contacting their District IT administrator.
- Data is aggregated and reports are available to district administrators for the purposes of meeting the requirements of federal grants and for determining the progress in meeting state standards.
- Aggregated data extracted for external evaluators does not contain any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) such as name or birth date.
- Physical access to School Health Connect data is restricted. Only authorized employees have access in order to carry out the duties of their position. These employees are under an obligation to treat the data as confidential and to comply with School Health Corporation. policies in this manner.
School Health Connect retains the necessary data for administrators, maintenance personnel to track and maintain compliance status, and for teachers to complete the required educational activities for their classes.
PII (except for Student ID and gender) will be removed when a student has not been in a class for five years. PII data (except Student ID and gender) will be removed two years after a student’s senior year. Student ID number is kept so that previous scores can be associated with new scores when a student is in a class after a five year gap. The gender is kept to see if the student met the standards in multiyear longitudinal reports available to administrators.
We will remove all data for a client six months after the client does not renew School Health Connect.
Updates to this policy:
Updates to this policy may occur from time to time as new information becomes available or laws or regulations are enacted to protect student privacy. Any updates to this policy will be posted at https://connect.schoolhealth.com/pages/privacy-policy and will be in effect as of the posting date.
Privacy Contact Information:
If you have any questions, or comments about our Privacy and Security Policy, you may contact us via one of the following methods:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
By Phone: Connect: (888) 808-0389 WELNET: (509) 327-3181
You can also send mail to the following postal address
School Health Corporation
5600 Apollo Drive
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008